- 5E10-D8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- histone H4, histone 1, H4a, H4 histone family member A
Covance Catalog# MMS-5286
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Histone proteins are classified into core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, H4) and linker histones (H1, H5). Core histones form an octamer, which contains two H2A-H2B dimers and one H3-H4 tetramer. Core histones are predominantly globular except for the unstructured N-terminal tails. Posttranslational modifications, such as acetylation, methylation, phosphorylation, ubiquitination, SUMOylation and ADP-ribosylation occur in histone tails.
Histone modifications induce changes of chromatin structure and thereby affect the accessibility of transcription factors, nuclear proteins and enzymes to genomic DNA, resulting in gene activation or repression. It is known that histone modifications play critical roles in DNA repair, DNA replication, transcription regulation, alternative splicing and chromosome condensation and some diseases including autoimmune diseases and cancers.
- Human, Rat, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH containing methylated lysine 20 of human Histone H4.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Shirakata Y, et al. 2014. J. Reprod. Dev. 60:383. (IHC-P)
AB_2564916 (BioLegend Cat. No. 828001)
- Histone H4 is a 103 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of 12 kD
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Gene ID
- 8359 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Histone H4 Monomethyl (Lys20) on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.