- N114/10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Potassium sodium hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel 4, brain cyclic nucleotide-gated channel 3 and BCNG-3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Hyperpolarization activated cyclic nucleotide gated ion channel 4 (HCN4) is a subunit of a total 4 HCN protein family that carries inward current with the feature knows as If in the heart and Ih in the brain. These currents have been indicated in a wide array of physiological activities, including pacemaker activity of neurons, and cardiomyocytes, control of resting membrane potential, neuronal plasticity, dendrite formation and response to sour taste. Although widely expressed in the central nervous system, HCN4 is enriched in regions regulating mood and anxiety including thalamus, amygdala, midbrain dopamine system, and indirectly prefrontal cortex. SNP genotyping indicates the association of HCN4 with mood anxiety disorders. In cardiomycates, HCN4 is required for pacemaker potential generation. Mice lacking HCN4 globally or in cadiomyocytes are embryonic lethal.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 1021-1110 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of human HCN4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2783467 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857001)
AB_2783468 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857002)
- HCN4 is a 1,186 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 127 kD.
Tissue distribution: Brain, heart, adrenal gland, and testis.
Cellular distribution: Membrane.
- HCN4 generates inward current If in the heart and Ih in the brain, and modulates intrinsic neuronal excitability and synaptic integrity.
- HCN4 interacts with other HCN subunits (HCN1-3) to form a functional channel.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Presynaptic proteins
- Antigen References
- Kelmendi, B. et al. 2011. Neurosci Lett. 496(3): 195–199.
- Stieber, J. et al. 2003. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 100(25):15235-40.
- Xu, X. et al. 2010. J Biol Chem. 285(47):37082-91.
- Gene ID
- 330953 View all products for this Gene ID 59266 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HCN4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.