- W17173C (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase, Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha, Glycogen Synthase Kinase Beta, GSK3A, GSK3B
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
GSK-3α/β is a ubiquitously expressed serine/threonine kinase that can phosphorylate a wide range of substrates. While GSK-3 was initially shown to regulate energy metabolism through phosphorylation of glycogen synthase, it has been shown that the enzyme has a wide variety of substrates in vivo and regulates signaling pathways that control cell growth, development, apoptosis, and oxidative stress responses. Each isoform if encoded by separate alleles; the isoforms show 66% homology.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full-length GSK-3β
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone recognizes both α and β isoforms of GSK-3 by both WB and IP.
This clone failed to stain PFA-fixed HeLa cells that were permeabilized with methanol or Triton-X. We therefore do not recommend using this clone for ICC.
AB_2814452 (BioLegend Cat. No. 615001)
AB_2814453 (BioLegend Cat. No. 615002)
- GSK-3α is a 483 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 51 kD; GSK-3β is a 420 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 47 kD.
Both isoforms ubiquitously expressed
GSK-3α: cytosol; GSK-3β: nucleus
- Cell Signaling
- Antigen References
- Imazu M, et al. 1984. J. Biol. Chem. 259: 1813.
- Cross DA, et al. 1995. Nature. 378: 785.
- Kazi A, et al. 2018. Nat. Commun. 9: 5154.
- Gene ID
- 2931 View all products for this Gene ID 2932 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GSK-3alpha/beta on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.