- B34 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Green Fluorescent Protein
Covance Catalog# MMS-118P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) is a single chain 238 amino acid protein derived from the jellyfish Aequoria victoria. GFP emits a bright green fluorescence when illuminated with UV or blue light and is a useful tool for cellular and developmental biologists. Unlike other bioluminescent molecules, GFP does not require additional proteins, substrates or co-factors for its activity.Product Details
- Green Fluorescent Protein Tag
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Antibody B34, generated against purified wild type GFP, offers an alternitive for detecting GFP and GFP variants including enhanced/mutant GFP.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:5,000*
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) of GFP labeled proteins.
*Predicted MW = 27 kD
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pecot MY, Malhotra V. 2004. Cell. 116:99.
- Kessels MM, et al. 2001. J Cell Biol. 153:351.
- Gerdes HH, Kaether C. 1996. FEBS Lett. 389:44.
- Davis I, et al. 1995. Dev Biol. 170:726.
- Chalfie M. 1995. Photochem Photobio. 62:651.
- Stearns T. 1995. Curr Biol. 5:262.
- Chalfie M, et al. 1994. Science. 263:802.
- Lavy M, et al. 2007. Curr. Biol. 17:947. (WB)
- Hobl B, et al. 2013. Protein Expr. Purif. 10:32. (WB)
- Zhang Y, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:13022. (WB) PubMed
- Asante D, et al. 2013. J. Cell. Sci. 126:5189. (WB) PubMed
- Oh Y, et al. 2013. Mol Biol Cell. 24:1305. (WB) PubMed
- Wloka C, et al. 2013. J. Cell. Biol. 200:271. (WB)
- Redfern RE, et al. 2010. Protein Sci. 19:1948. (WB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2734671 (BioLegend Cat. No. 902605)
AB_2565021 (BioLegend Cat. No. 902601)
AB_2565022 (BioLegend Cat. No. 902602)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about GFP on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.