- 17D10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- P97, Gem Nuclear Organelle Associated Protein 4, Component of Gems 4, Gem-Associated Protein 4, HCC-Associated Protein 1, Gemin-4, Gem (Nuclear Organelle) Associated Protein 4
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Gemin 4 is one of the core components of the survival of motor neurons (SMNs) macromolecule protein complex, which plays an important role in the assembly and re-structuring of small nucleoproteins and transcriptosomes. Recent studies have shown that one of the three putative nuclear localization signal motifs in Gemin 4 is necessary and sufficient to direct the nuclear import of the other two SMN complex components, Gemin 2 and Gemin 3. This suggests that Gemin 4 plays an essential role in mammalian snRNP biogenesis via facilitating the import of the SMN complex or subunits into the nucleus.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Histidine-tagged recombinant protein corresponding to human Gemin 4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
Battle DJ, et al. 2007. J. Biol Chem. 282(38):27953 (WB)
AB_2814637 (BioLegend Cat. No. 869601)
AB_2814638 (BioLegend Cat. No. 869602)
- Gemin 4 is a 1058 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~120 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Nucleus and cytosol
- Gemin 4 is a component of the SMN macromolecule protein complex.
- Gemin 4 is a part of the core SMN complex that contains SMN 1-8.
- Biology Area
- Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
- Meier ID, et al. 2018. Biol Open. 7(2)
- Battle DJ, et al. 2007. J Biol Chem. 282(38):27953
- Wang JL, et al. 2004. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1673(1-2):75.
- Gene ID
- 50628 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Gemin 4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.