- Poly28602 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GDP Dissociation Inhibitor 1, Rab GDP dissociation inhibitor alpha, Rab GDI alpha,Guanosine diphosphate dissociation inhibitor 1, GDI-1, Oligophrenin-2, OPHN2, Protein XAP-4, RABGDIA, XAP4
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The GDI1 gene encodes Rab GDP dissociation inhibitor alpha (aGDI or GDI), a regulatory protein common to all GTPases of the Rab family. GDI binds to inactive GDP-bound GTPases and sequesters them from the membrane to the cytosol to maintain a soluble pool readily available GTPases. GDI dysfunction leads to abnormal membrane accumulation of various GTPases. Mutations in the GDI1 gene are linked to X-lined mental retardation (XLMR), a common human disorder characterized by mental handicap. Similar to human mental retardation patients, GDI knockout mice have marked defects in synaptic function, particularly related to short-term temporal memory. Mechanistically, lack of GDI impairs synaptic vesicle biogenesis and recycling in the hippocampus.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant GDI1 (Met1-Val274) expressed in E.coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Human GDI is a 447 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 50 kD.
Tissue distribution: Brain
Cellular distribution: Trans-Golgi network and cytosol
- GDI regulates the GDP/GTP exchange reaction in most Rab proteins by inhibiting GDP dissociation from them, and subsequent GTP binding. GDI promotes the dissociation of GDP-bound Rab proteins from the membrane and inhibits their activation.
Interacts with RHOH, RAB1A, RAB3A, RAB5A and RAB10.
Cellular targets: GDP-bound Rab proteins
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Golgi Markers
- Antigen References
- Hutt DM, et al. 2000. J Biol Chem. 275(24):18511-9.
- D’Adamo P, et al. 2002. Hum Mol Genet. 11(21):2567-80.
- Bianchi V, et al. 2009. Hum Mol Genet. 18(1): 105–117.
- Gene ID
- 2664 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GDI1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.