- A18049E (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Galectin 1, LGALS1, Gal-1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Galectin-1 is a secreted carbohydrate-binding protein that interacts with β-galactoside to modulate cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions. Galectin-1 is expressed in all gliomas and its expression level correlates directly with the grade of astrocytic tumor.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length recombinant human Galectin-1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814612 (BioLegend Cat. No. 867301)
AB_2814613 (BioLegend Cat. No. 867302)
- Galectin 1 is a 135 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~15 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Smooth muscle, placenta, endometrium, adipose tissue, and soft tissue
Cellular Distribution: Endoplasmic reticulum, cytosol, nucleus, plasma membrane, and extracellular
- Galectin 1 binds to β-galactoside and is involved in regulating apoptosis, cell proliferation, and differentiation.
- Galectin 1 forms homodimers and binds to LGALS3BP, GEMIN4, HRAS, Laminin, SUSD2.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Antigen References
- Gajiwala S, et al. 2018. J. Gastrointest. Oncol. 9:1014-26.
- Seropian IM, et al. 2018. Mediators Inflamm. 2018:8696543.
- Brinchmann MF, et al. 2018. Mediators Inflamm. 2018:9186940.
- Gene ID
- 2956 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Galectin-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.