- W17131B (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 4B, EIF-4B, PRO1843
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Eukarytoic initiation factor 4B (eIF4B) is a general translation factor required for the initiation of global protein synthesis. eIF4B facilitates 5’ cap-dependent translation by directly binding to and stimulating the ATPase and RNA-helicase activity of the eIF4F complex. This interaction is regulated by p70 S6 kinase, which phosphorylates eIF4B to promote formation of the eIF4B-eIF4F complex.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human eIF4B protein corresponding to amino acids 1-200
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
When tested for IP, this clone did not produce strong enrichment of eIF4B. Therefore, this clone may not be suitable for using co-IP to detect low abundant or transient protein-protein interactions.
Due to high sequence conservation between rat eIF4B and the immunogen used to generate this clone, we predict this clone will react with the rat eIF4B ortholog.
During PD testing of this clone for ICC, PFA-fixed HeLa cells were permeabilized with either methanol or Triton X-100. Strong staining was observed using both permeabilization methods.
- eIF4B is a 611 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 69 kD.
- 5' cap-dependent translation initiation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Protein Synthesis
- Antigen References
- Grifo JA, et al. 1983. J Biol Chem. 258(9): 5804-10.
- Grifo JA, et al. 1984. J. Biol. Chem. 259: 8648.
- Holz MK, et al. 2005. Cell. 123:569.
- Gene ID
- 1975 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about eIF4B on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.