- A18011A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor, Receptor Tyrosine-Protein Kinase ErbB-1, Erb-B2 Receptor Tyrosine Kinase 1, ERBB1, NISBD2, PIG61, MENA
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) is a receptor tyrosine kinase that links extracellular mitogenic ligand binding to complex downstream signaling cascades. Initial ligand binding results in receptor oligomerization and autophosphorylation of multiple tyrosine residues within cytosolic domains of the the protein. These phosphorylation events stabilize the EGFR kinase activation loop and lead to the recruitment of adaptor proteins and other downstream effectors. EGFR stimulation leads to activation of RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCγ-PKC and STAT signaling cascades, and constitutive activation of the receptor promotes tumorigenesis in multiple cancers.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human EGFR surrounding Tyrosine 869 (Tyrosine 845 if signal peptide is excluded)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP, ICFC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg per ml. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using PFA-fixed A431 cells permabilized with methanol or Triton X-100. While both permeabilization methods were compatible with the antibody, Triton X-100 enabled superior staining.
This clone is predicted to recognize only isoforms I and V of EGFR due to the absence of the immunizing epitope in the other isoforms.
- EGFR is a 1,210 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 134 kD; the processed form is 1,186 amino acids in length.
Plasma membrane/Ubiquitously expressed
- EGFR signaling, cell signaling
- EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, AREG, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Hunter T and Cooper JA. 1981. Cell. 24:741.
- Gill GN and Lazar CS. 1981. Nature. 293:305.
- Reynolds FH, et al. 1981. Nature. 292:259
- Gene ID
- 1956 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about EGFR on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.