- A18128E (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GLT1, SLC1A2, Excitotoxic Amino Acid Transporter 2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
EAAT2 is the major membrane protein that clears extracellular glutamate from the synaptic area to prevent potential neuronal excitotoxicity from excessive activation of glutamate receptors. EAAT2 is predominantly expressed in the central nervous system on astrocytes and is frequently used as a marker for these cells. Mutations that affect EAAT2 function are clinically associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant mouse SLC1A2 (EAAT2) protein (a.a. 143 - 238) with GST Tag
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814631 (BioLegend Cat. No. 869201)
AB_2814632 (BioLegend Cat. No. 869202)
- EAAT2 is a 574 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~ 62 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane
- EAAT2 is a sodium-dependent amino acid transporter that mediates the uptake of L-Glutamate and L- or D- aspartate.
- EAAT2 forms homotrimer and interacts with JUB.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Presynaptic proteins, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Pregnolato S, et al. 2019. Front Physiol. 10:417
- Parkin GM, et al. 2018. World J Psychiatry. 10.5498/wjp.v8.i2.51
- Rosenblum LT, Trotti D. 2017. Adv. Neurobiol. 16:117-136.
- Gene ID
- 6506 View all products for this Gene ID 20511 View all products for this Gene ID 29482 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about EAAT2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.