- 11G10B39 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Probable ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX6, ATP-dependent RNA helicase p54, DEAD box protein 6, Oncogene RCK
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
DDX6, also known as p54/RCK, is a member of the DEAD (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp)-box RNA helicase family. DDX6 has been shown to localize to, and is required for the assembly of, processing bodies (P-bodies), which are cytoplasmic foci that consist of proteins involved in mRNA storage, processing, and turnover. DDX6 has ATP hydrolysis and RNA helicase activities, which are involved in secondary structure modulation and the degradation of mRNA. Interacting with key components of miRNA-induced silencing complexes, DDX6 participates in translational repression, as well. DDX6 is overexpressed in some colorectal tumor cells and can act as a proto-oncogene.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human DDX6 recombinant protein (1-126 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.25 µg/mL (1:2000-1:5000 dilution). For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 μg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
At high antibody concentrations, a weak, non-specific band of ~30 kDa may appear in western blots.
- Product Citations
AB_2565215 (BioLegend Cat. No. 674402)
- 483 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 54 kD and contains a DEAD box motif and a C-terminal helicase domain.
Cytoplasm and P-bodies.
- DDX6 is a RNA-helicase with RNA-dependent ATP hydrolysis and ATP-dependent RNA unwinding activities that mediates mRNA translation, processing, and turnover.
- Interacts with LIMD1, WTIP, AJUBA, RC3H1, APOEBC3, AGO1, AGO2, and forms a complex with DCP1A, DCP2, EDC3 and EDC4/HEDLS.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Antigen References
1. Pettersson OJ, et al. 2014. Nucleic Acids Res. 42:7186.
2. Huys A, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8:e67437.
3. Reed JC, et al. 2012. J. Cell Biol. 198:439.
4. Yu SF, et al. 2011. PLoS Pathog. 7:e1002303.
5. Bidet K, et al. 2011. RNA Biol. 6:1173.
6. Jangra RK, et al. 2010. J. Virol. 84:6810.
- Gene ID
- 1656 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DDX6 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.