- W15213A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CCND2, G1/S-specific cyclin-D2
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
D-type cyclins (D1, D2, D3) are mainly involved in regulation of transition from G1 to S phase during the cell cycle. These cyclins share the capacity to activate both CDK4 and CDK6, which leads to the phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein (RB). The phosphorylation of RB consequently activate transcription factors such as E2F, which enhances the activation of transcription of genes involved in DNA synthesis and cells transition to S phase. The dysregulation of these proteins disturbs cell cycle and promotes the carcinogenesis.
Cyclin D2 is a member of the D-type cyclin family and mainly mediates the extracellular signaling environment with cell cycle progression. Overexpression of Cyclin D2 has been reported in testicular germ cell tumor cell lines, colon cancer and gastric cancer. Paradoxically, D-type cyclins were also shown to inhibit cell growth by inducing a senescence-like phenotype and inhibiting cell proliferation. Several studies showed reduced level of cyclin D2 in breast, lung, prostate, renal, pancreatic and gastric cancer.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length of human cyclin D2 expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone W15213A does not cross-react with mouse (in-house tested).
This clone recognizes both isoforms of Cyclin D2.
This clone was not evaluated by immunofluorescence or immunoprecipitation.
AB_2650677 (BioLegend Cat. No. 693702)
- Two isoforms with a predicted molecular weight of 33 kD and 24.5 kD.
Nucleus, cytoplasm, membrane.
- Regulatory component of the cyclin D2-CDK4 (DC) complex that phosphorylates and inhibits members of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein family including RB1 and regulates the cell-cycle during G1/S transition.
- CDK4, CDK5, CDK6.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication
- Gene ID
- 894 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cyclin D2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.