- 9F (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- DPYSL2, Collapsin Response Mediator Protein 2, Dihydropyrimidinase-Related Protein 2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CRMP2 is a ubiquitously expressed, microtubule-associated protein. In the central nervous system, CRMP2 forms homotetramers or heterotetramers with other CRMP proteins during development and regulates axonal growth and guidance, neuronal growth cone collapse, and migration. The C-terminal sequence of CRMP2 is highly homologous to that of Tau protein. Phosphorylation of CRMP2 alters its interaction with microtubules and affects its protein scaffolding function. Similar to Tau, CRMP2 is a biochemically prominent component of Neurofibrillary tangles. These finding suggest that CRMP2 may be an etiologically significant protein and a potential therapeutic target for Alzheimer’s disease.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 - 1.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- CRMP2 is a 572 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~ 63 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol, plasma membrane, and cytoskeleton
- CRMP2 forms homotetramers or heterotetramers with other CRMP proteins, and regulates axonal growth and guidance, neuronal growth cone collapse, and migration.
- CRMP2 forms homotetramers and heterotetramers with CRMP1, DPYSL3, DPYSL4 or DPYSL5. It interacts with HTR4, CLN6, and, MICALL1.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Cytoskeletal Proteins, Microfilaments, Microtubules, Scaffold Proteins
- Antigen References
- Hensley K, et al. 2016. J Alzheimers dis. 53(1):1
- Quach TT, et al. 2015. Mol Psychiatry. 20(9):1037
- Ip JP, et la. 2014. Neuroscientist. 20(6):589
- Gene ID
- 1808 View all products for this Gene ID 12934 View all products for this Gene ID 25416 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CRMP2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.