- Poly28605 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Collagen Type IV Alpha 5 Chain, Collagen Of Basement Membrane, Alpha-5 Chain, Collagen IV, Alpha-5 Polypeptide, DA149D17.3, DA24A23.1, ATS1, CA54, ASLN
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
COL4α5 is a subunit of type IV collagen, which is the major structural component of glomerular basement membranes (GBM). It forms the meshwork in the extracellular matrix with laminins and proteoglycans. It is also involved in the integrin signaling pathway and associated with diseases including X-linked and kidney disease.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Collagen Type IV Alpha 5 Chain (COL4α5) expressed in E.coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage, aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.0 - 5.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- COL4α5 is a 1685 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~161 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain, kidney, and lung
Cellular Distribution: Extracellular and membrane
- COL4α5 is involved in formation of glomerular basement membranes and regulation of integrin signaling.
- Laminin, proteoglycans
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
- Cosgrove D, et al. 2017. Matrix Biol. 57-58:45-54.
- Barua M, et al. 2018. Am J Kidney Dis. 71(3):441-445.
- Nozu K, et al. 2019. Clin Exp Nephrol. 23(2):158-168.
- Gene ID
- 1287 View all products for this Gene ID 12830 View all products for this Gene ID 363457 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about COL4alpha5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.