- 1A6-C7-G10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CKMT1A, CKMT1B, Creatine Kinase, Mitochondrial 1A
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CKMT1 is the mitochondrial specific creatine kinase subunit that is ubiquitously expressed in mammals. CKMT1 is mainly localized to the mitochondrial intermembrane space and plays an important role in cellular energetics. Impairment in CKMT1 due to oxidative and radical-induced damage has been reported in numerous diseases including neurodegenerative disorders. Overexpression of CKMT1 is observed in several tumors in which high energy consumption is required for proliferation.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant human CKMT1 fragment expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- CKMT1 is a 417 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~47 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Mainly expressed in brain, appendix, tonsil, skin, and colon
Cellular Distribution: Mitochondrion and cytosol
- CKMT1 plays a central role in energy transduction in tissues with large, fluctuating energy demands such as the brain.
- CKMT1 exists as an octamer composed of four homodimers
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Death, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
- Gramage E, et al. 2013. Toxicology. 10.1016/j.tox.2013.02.013.
- Tanimura A, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9(2):e89916.
- Onda T, et al. 2006. Br. J. Cancer. 94:698-709.
- Gene ID
- 1159 View all products for this Gene ID 12716 View all products for this Gene ID 29593 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CKMT1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.