- P82G1D5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Chek1, Checkpoint Kinase 1, EC 220.127.116.11, Checkpoint, S. Pombe. Homolog Of, 1, Chk1-S
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Checkpoint kinase 1, or Chk1, is a protein serine/threonine kinase that is an essential component of the ATR pathway, which links DNA abnormalities and double strand breaks to downstream signaling events. It is activated through phosphorylation by ATR at serine residues 345 and 317. Once activated, Chk1 phosphorylates downstream effectors of S, G2, and M phases of the cell cycle to induce transcription regulation, energy consumption alterations, cell cycle arrest, and DNA repair. In cells challenged with excessive DNA damage, Chk1 activates apoptotic pathways. Chk1 inhibition is of therapeutic interest for multiple cancers due to synthetic lethality when pharmacological disruption of the protein is combined with radio- or chemosensitization.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human Chk1 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC on HeLa cells fixed with 4% PFA and permeabilized with either 100% methanol or Triton X-100. Both methods were compatible with Chk1 staining.
AB_2888822 (BioLegend Cat. No. 940101)
AB_2888822 (BioLegend Cat. No. 940102)
- Chk1 is a 476 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 55 kD.
Ubiquitously expressed/Nuclear and vesicular
- Protein kinase/Cell cycle regulator
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Jong Y., et al. 2019. J. Bone Oncol. 10:100268.
2. Al-kaabi M. M., et al. 2015. Brit. Journ. Cancer 112:901-11.
3. Zhang Y., et al. 2014. Int. J. Cancer 134(5):1013-23.
4. Hu G., et al. 2020. J Cancer 11(7):1792-99.
- Gene ID
- 1111 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Chk1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.