- Phx-01 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Thrombomodulin, Fetomodulin, CD141 antigen, AHUS6, BDCA3, THPH12, THRM
Covance Catalog# MMS-176P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD141 is a 75 kD, single chain, type I membrane glycoprotein also known as thrombomodulin, TM, THRM, THBD, and fetomodulin. CD141 is an important cofactor in the protein C anticoagulant system. After binding to its ligand thrombin, CD141 activates protein C, which degrades clotting factors Va and VIIIa, and as a consequence the amount of thrombin is reduced. CD141 is expressed on macrophages, monocytes, a subpopulation of myeloid dendritic cells, vascular endothelial cells, and keratinocytes. Besides anti-coagulation function, CD141 is also involved in embryonic and atherosclerotic plaque development. CD141 is an endothelial cell surface glycoprotein involved in the regulation of coagulation. Via a direct interaction with thrombin, thrombomodulin causes down-regulation of multiple pro-coagulation pathways in order to preserve the anticoagulant properties of the endothelial cell surface.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution & 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-F - Quality tested
WB, ELISA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1 - 2 µg/ml (1:500 - 1:1000)
• ELISA: 1:1,000
• IHC: 1:100
Tissue Sections: Frozen tissue sections
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry (IHC) and ELISA.
*Predicted MW = 60 kD
Positive control tissue: human placenta
This antibody reacts with an epitope within the EGF 5 domain and inhibits thrombin binding.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nagashima M, et al. 1993. J Biol Chem. 268:2888.
- Parkinson JF, et al. 1992. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 185:567
- Product Citations
AB_2734669 (BioLegend Cat. No. 902102)
AB_2565016 (BioLegend Cat. No. 902101)
- Single chain, type I membrane glycoprotein, 75 kD
Macrophages, monocytes, subset of myeloid dendritic cells, vascular endothelial cells, keratinocytes
- After thrombin binding, CD141 activates protein C, which degrades clotting factors Va and VIIIa and reduces the amount of thrombin generated.
- Protein C, Thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI), Platelet factor 4 (PF4)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Gene ID
- 7056 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD141 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.