- 9E11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Myc proto-oncogene protein, proto-oncogene c-Myc, transcription factor p64, class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 39, avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog, v-myc, myc-related translation/localization
Covance Catalog# MMS-164P
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
c-Myc is a naturally occurring protein that is often used as a protein modification and tag in order to simplify the labeling and detection of proteins. Antibodies against c-Myc recognize both naturally occurring c-Myc and overexpressed proteins containing the c-Myc epitope tag fused to targeted proteins allowing for specific detection in western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-P, IP - Verified
Purification - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.25 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5.0 µg/mL is suggested. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The 9E11 monoclonal antibody recognizes the sequence 408-420 AEEQKLISEEDL of human c-myc.
This clone recognizes a non-specific band in BL21 E. coli lysates
BioLegend offers two clones against c-Myc, 9E10 and 9E11. When both clones were tested in parallel for WB, ICC, and IP, each clone performed similarly, with 9E11 showing slightly better performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Halme A, et al. 2004. Cell. 116:405.
- Kolodziej P, Young R. 1991. Meth. Enzymol. 194:508.
- Locker AP, et al. 1989. Brit. J. Cancer. 60:669.
- Product Citations
AB_2565039 (BioLegend Cat. No. 904401)
|Purified anti-c-Myc||9E11||WB, ICC, IHC-P, IP, Purification|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.