- Poly28614 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- BECN1, Protein GT197, Coiled-coil myosin-like BCL2-interacting protein, VPS30, ATG6 Autophagy Related 6 Homolog, Beclin-1-C 35 kDa, Beclin-1-C 37 kD
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Beclin-1 plays a central role in autophagy and is involved in autophagosome formation. It acts as core subunit of the PI3K complex that mediates formation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate. Beclin-1 is necessary for the initiation of autophagy, and it has been shown to be reduced in the brains of patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Reduced Beclin-1 levels lead to decreased autophagy, the accumulation of Aβ peptides, and neurodegeneration in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Beclin-1 (Met1-Thr273) expressed in E. Coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Human Beclin-1 is a 450 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 52 kD.
Tissue distribution: Ubiquitous
Cellular distribution: Cytosol, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus, endosome, mitochondrion, and nucleus
- Beclin-1 is involved in autophagosome formation in autophagy.
Interacts with ATG14 and UVRAG, PI3K complex, AMBRA1, GOPC, GRID2, BCK2, BCL2L1; Also interacts with USP10, USP13, VMP1, DAPK1, RAB39A, ATXN3
Cellular targets: N/A
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Microglia, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Autophagosome Markers, Organelle Markers
- Antigen References
- Kang R, et al. 2011. Cell Death Differ. 18(4):571-80.
- Mcknight NC, et al. 2014. PLoS Genet. 10(10):e1004626
- Wirawan E, et al. 2012. Autophagy. 8(1):6-17.
- Gene ID
- 8678 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Beclin-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.