- O93F3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ATG6 Autophagy Related 6 Homolog, VSP30
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Beclin-1 plays a central role in autophagy and is involved in autophagosome formation. It acts as core subunit of the PI3K complex that mediates formation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate. Beclin-1 is necessary for the initiation of autophagy, and it has been shown to be reduced in the brains of patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Reduced Beclin-1 levels lead to decreased autophagy, the accumulation of Aβ peptides, and neurodegeneration in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length recombinant human Beclin-1 protein (NP_003757) produced in HEK293T cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Deng X, et al. 2017. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1862(3):337-350 (WB).
AB_2687306 (BioLegend Cat. No. 849701)
AB_2687307 (BioLegend Cat. No. 849702)
- Beclin-1 is a 450 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 52 kD.
Tissue distribution: Beclin-1 is ubiquitously expressed. </br>Cellular distribution: Cytosol, endoplasmic reticulum, endosome, mitochondria, and nucleus.
- Beclin-1 is involved in autophagosome formation in autophagy.
- Beclin-1 interacts with Bcl-2 and PI3K class III.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Autophagosome Markers
- Antigen References
- Cao Y, et al. 2007. Cell. Research 17:839.
- Gene ID
- 8678 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Beclin-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.