- P-syn/81A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Synuclein alpha-140, non-A4 component of amyloid, alpha-synuclein, isoform NACP140, non-A beta component of AD amyloid Parkinson disease (autosomal dominant, Lewy body) 4
Covance Catalog# MMS-5091
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
α-synuclein is expressed principally in the nervous system, but it is also produced in other tissues, including the skin. In the brain, the protein is primarily neuronal, but it is also present in glia. Neuronal α-synuclein is concentrated in presynapt ic nerve terminals, interacts with plasma membrane phospholipids, and is also present in nuclei and mitochondria. At least three isoforms of α-synuclein are produced through alternative splicing. The most common isoform is a 140 amino acid-long transcript. Other isoforms includes, a-synuclein-126, lacking residues 41-54; and α-synuclein-112, which lacks residues 103-130. α-synuclein’s physiological role is poorly understood, but the protein has been implicated in regulating dopamine release and transport, synaptic vesicle clustering, and functioning as a SNARE-complex chaperone. α-synuclein fibrils are a major component of the intracellular Lewy bodies that are associated with Parkinson's disease, Lewy body dementia, and multiple system atrophy. α-synuclein is phosphorylated at low levels under normal physiological conditions whereas the majority of the protein is phosphorylated in Lewy bodies at S129.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 124 - 134 of α-synuclein, phosphorylated at Serine 129, and conjugated to KLH via a C-terminal Cysteine.
- Phosphate-buffered solution with 0.1% azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-F, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1 - 2 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC-P). Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemisty on frozen tissue sections (IHC-F), and immunocytochemistry.
P-syn/81A is a mAb that is specific to alpha synuclein that has been phosphorylated on serine 129.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2734593 (BioLegend Cat. No. 825702)
AB_2564891 (BioLegend Cat. No. 825701)
- α-synuclein's canonical isoform consists of 140 amino acids, which consist of four 11-residue repeats containing the consensus sequence KTKEGV. α-synuclein has an apparent molecular mass of 14 kD.
Tissue distribution: primarily nervous system, but lower expression in other tissues such as skin.
Cellular distribution: cytoskeleton, cytosol, lysosome, mitochondria, nucleus, plasma membrane, and extracellular.
- The function of α-synuclein in the healthy brain is currently unknown.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- α-Synuclein, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Gene ID
- 6622 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about alpha-Synuclein Phospho Ser129 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.