- W19087A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Anterior Gradient 2, Protein Disulphide Isomerase Family Member, HAG-2, PDIA17, XAG-2, HPC8, Epididymis Secretory Protein Li 116, Secreted Cement Gland Homolog, GOB-4, HEL-S-116
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
AGR2 is a disulfide isomerase that catalyzes protein folding and thiol-disulfide exchange reactions in the ER lumen. It can also serve as a chaperone for secretory proteins, and is essential for maturation of cysteine-rich transmembrane receptors, including the intestinal glycoprotein mucin. In addition to its role in ER homeostasis, AGR2 can also exert pro-oncogenic function. In many tumors, AGR2 is overexpressed and secreted into the tumor microenvironment, where it disrupts epithelial cell to cell adhesion, promotes invasive structures, and mediates loss of cell polarity. AGR2 is highly upregulated in tamoxifen-treated cells and plays a crucial role in mediating resistance to chemotherapeutic agents.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human AGR2 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 2.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC on A549 cells fixed with 4% PFA and permeabilized with either Triton X-100 or methanol. While both methods were compatible with AGR2 staining, a significantly stronger signal was attained with Triton X-100 permeabilization.
AGR2 staining was highly variable in A549 cells, with many cells lacking any detectable signal. This result was consistent with internal data generated with an anti-AGR2 control antibody.
- Product Citations
AB_2888903 (BioLegend Cat. No. 943101)
AB_2888903 (BioLegend Cat. No. 943102)
- AGR2 is a 175 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 20 kD.
Primarily expressed in epithelial tissues/Endoplasmic reticulum
- ER chaperone, protein folding, disulfide isomerase
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Structure, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Protein Synthesis
- Antigen References
1. Chevet E, et al. 2013. Oncogene. 32:2499-509.
2. Fessart D, et al. 2016. Elife. 5:13887.
3. Hengel SM, et al. 2011. J Proteome Res. 10:4567-78.
- Gene ID
- 10551 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about AGR2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.