- 4G4B45; 13A3-1;
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal Transducer And Activator Of Transcription 3, Acute-Phase Response Factor, APRF
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The STAT (Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription) proteins represent a family of transcription factors that function as downstream effectors of growth factor and cytokine signaling cascades. STAT3 plays a central role in cell cycle progression, inhibition of apoptosis, and transformation. Phosphorylation of STAT3 at tyrosine 705 by JAK and receptor tyrosine kinases has been shown to increase STAT3 activation through multiple mechanisms, including increased homodimerization and concomitant translocation to the nucleus, as well as through increasing STAT3 affinity for response elements found in the regulatory promoters of its target genes. High levels of STAT3 activation have been described in several cancers and are of considerable interest for therapeutic intervention.Product Details
- Kit Contents
Product Application Clone Size Reactivity Isotype Purified anti-STAT3 Antibody WB, ICFC, ICC, IP 4G4B45 25 μg Human, Mouse Mouse IgG1, κ Purified anti-STAT3 Phospho (Tyr705) Antibody WB, ICC 13A3-1 25 μg Human, Mouse Mouse IgG1, κ
* For detailed information about each specificity, please refer to the datasheets of the individual products.
- Human, Mouse
- Please refer to individual product datasheets for immunogen information
- Phosphate-buffered solutions, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibodies were purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solutions should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of antibodies in this set is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested uses of these reagents are as follows:
Clone 4G4B45: 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL
Clone 13A3-1: 0.5 - 1.0 µg/mL
It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
For recommended usage information for additional applications, please refer to the datasheet of the individual products.
- STAT3 exists as two isoforms: STAT3α is a 770 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of ~88 kD, STAT3β is a 722 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of ~83 kD.
Ubiquitously expressed/Nucleus and cytosol
- Cell signaling, transcription factor
- Antigen References
1. Akira S, et al. 1994. Cell 77:63.
2. Zhang X, et al. 1995. Science 267:1990.
3. Sanchez-Margalet V and Martin-Romero C. 2001. Cell. Immunol. 211:30.
4. Simon A, et al. 2000. Science 290:144.
5. Hoey T and Grusby MJ. 1999. Adv. Immunol. 71:145.
- Gene ID
- 6774 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.