- 3D4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- 5-bromodeoxyuridine, bromodeoxyuridine
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
BrdU is a uridine derivative and a structural analog of thymidine, which can be incorporated into DNA during the S-phase of a cell cycle as a substitute for thymidine. Cells can be pulse-labeled with BrdU and analyzed with antibodies against BrdU to determine the proportion of cells in the S-phase of the cell cycle during a given interval.Product Details
- Kit Contents
- BrdU pulsing solution
- Anti-BrdU antibody
- Buffer A
- Buffer B
- Buffer C
- DNAse (lyophilized)
- PBS (Ca2+/Mg2+)
- Host Species
- Iodouridine-conjugated ovalbumin
- Storage & Handling
- Varies by component, see manual for instructions.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
See Manual for instructions.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry and fluorescence microscopy.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Dolbeare F, et al. 1983. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 80:5573.
- Hirota K, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:41.
- Godebu E, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:1798.
- Waskow C, et al. 2008. Nat. Immunol. 9:676.
- Product Citations
- Uridine derivative that can be incorporated into DNA and substitute thymidine residues.
Cells can be pulse-labeled with BrdU, which will be incorporated into DNA during the cell cycle's synthesis phase.
- The antibody against BrdU can be used to identify cells undergoing DNA replication during the BrdU incorporation period.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Barker JM, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8:e63692.
2. Duque A and Rakic P. 2011. J. Neurosci. 31:15205.
3. Robbins S, et al. 2011. J. Vis. Exp. 55:2855.
4. Broekhuizen CA, et al. 2010. Infect Immun. 78:954.
5. van der Wath RC, et al. 2009. PLoS One 4:e6972.
6. Dolbeare F, et al. 1985. Cytometry 6:521.
7. Gratzner HG. 1982. Science 218:474.
- Gene ID
- View information about BrdU on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.