- 3A3-N2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin 21
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Interleukin 21 (IL-21) is a potent immunomodulatory cytokine mainly produced by NKT and CD4+ T-cells, particularly the inflammatory Th17 subset, and has pleiotropic effects on both innate and adaptive immune responses. These actions include positive effects such as enhancing proliferation of NK cells and cytotoxic T cells, and inhibitory effects on the antigen-presenting function of dendritic cells. It can also be proapoptotic for B cells and NK cells. Studies have shown that IL-21 is also an autocrine cytokine that potently induces Th17 differentiation, suppresses Foxp3 expression, and serves as a target for treating inflammatory diseases.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length human IL-21
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PerCP/Cyanine5.5 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Cell Sources
- NK-T cells and T cells
- Cell Targets
- Cytotoxic T cells (CTL) and Natural Killer (NK) cells that can destroy malignant or infected cells
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Nurieva R. 2007. Nature 448:416.
2. Parrish-Novak J, et al. 2002. J. Leukocyte Biol. 72:856.
3. Dumoutier L, et al. 2000. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97:10144.
4. Asao H, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:1.
5. Parrish-Novak J, et al. 2000. Nature 408:57.
- Gene ID
- 59067 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-21 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.