- BJ40 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Blast-1, SLAMF2, HuLy-m3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD48 is a 40-47 kD GPI-anchored membrane protein, also known as Blast-1 and HuLy-m3. It is a member of the CD2 family that contains 2 IgSF domains and is widely expressed on both resting and activated hematopoietic cells with the exception of granulocytes, platelets, and erythrocytes. CD48 binds to CD2 at a considerably (>100-fold) lower affinity than CD58. It is thought to contribute to T cell activation. The cytoplasmic tail of CD48 has been shown to bind to the kinases Lck and Fyn.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PerCP/Cyanine5.5 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kishimoto T, et al. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI:White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Garland Publishing Inc.
- Wang R, et al. 2012. J. Leukoc Biol. 91:299. PubMed
- CD2 family, contains 2 IgSF domains, GPI-membrane anchored, 40-47 kD
Widely expressed on hematopoietic cells except granulocytes, platelets, and erythrocytes. Increased on T and B cells after activation
- Contributes to T cell antigen recognition
- Cell Targets
- Lck, Fyn interact with cytoplasmic domain
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Fisher RC and Thorley-Lawson DA. 1991. Mol. Cell. Biol. 11:1614.
- Korinek V, et al. 1991. Immunogenetics 33:108.
- Leukocyte Typing IV. Knapp W, et al. (Eds) Oxford University Press (1989)
- Leukocyte Typing V. Schlossman S, et al. (Eds) Oxford University Press (1995)
- Gene ID
- 962 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD48 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.