- 6D4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PERB11, MIC, MHC class I chain-related protein A, MICA, PERB11.1, MHC class I chain-related protein B, MICB, PERB11.2
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
6D4 antibody reacts with a common epitope of the human nonclassical MHC class I chain-related protein A (MICA) and B (MICB), also known as PERB11.1 and PERB11.2. The MIC gene is located in MHC class I region. MICA/B are 65-75 kD stress-inducible glycoproteins with highly polymorphic. They are MHC class I-like transmembrane molecules that do not associate β2-microglobulin and do not present peptides. MICA and MICB share 85% identify, and are mainly expressed on Intestinal epithelial cells, epithelial tumor cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and IFN-α-stimulated dendritic cells. MIC molecules bind NKG2D, an activating receptor, and induce activation of NK cells, and subset of CD8+ α/β T cells and γ/δ T cells, as well as suppression of T cell proliferation. MICA/B recognition is involved in the regulation of tumor surveillance, viral infection and autoimmune diseases. The 6D4 antibody is able to block MIC mediated cytotoxicity.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunohistochemistry2,3,5 of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, immunoprecipitation7, and blocking2,3 of MIC mediated cytotoxicity. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 320919 & 320120).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Groh V, et al. 1999. Science 279:1737.
- Groh V, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 96:6879.
- Groh V, et al. 2001. Nature Immunol. 2:255.
- Li Z, et al. 2000. Immunogenetics 51:246.
- Park EJ, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:4131.
- Jinushi M, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:5423.
- Wu J, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:4196.
AB_2715908 (BioLegend Cat. No. 320915)
AB_2715909 (BioLegend Cat. No. 320916)
- 65-75 kD glycoprotein, MHC class I-like transmembrane molecules that do not associate ß2-microglobulin, highly polymorphic
Intestinal epithelium, epithelial tumors, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, INF-a-stimulated dendritic cells
- Activation of NK cells, subset of CD8+ α/ß T cells and γ/δ T cells, suppression of T cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Groh V, et al. 1996. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 93:12445.
2. Groh V, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 96:6879.
3. Jinushi M, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:1249.
4. Kriegeskorte AK, et al. 2005. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 102:11805.
5. Groh V, et al. 1999. Science 279:1737.
- Gene ID
- 100507436 View all products for this Gene ID 4277 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MICA MICB on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.