- 3D4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- 5-bromodeoxyuridine, bromodeoxyuridine
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
BrdU is a uridine derivative and a structural analog of thymidine, which can be incorporated into DNA during the S-phase of a cell cycle as a substitute for thymidine. Cells can be pulse-labeled with BrdU and analyzed with antibodies against BrdU to determine the proportion of cells in the S-phase of the cell cycle during a given interval.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Iodouridine-conjugated ovalbumin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry and fluorescence microscopy.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Dolbeare F, et al. 1983. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 80:5573.
- Hirota K, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:41.
- Godebu E, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:1798.
- Waskow C, et al. 2008. Nat. Immunol. 9:676.
- Product Citations
AB_2566453 (BioLegend Cat. No. 364109)
AB_2566454 (BioLegend Cat. No. 364110)
- Uridine derivative that can be incorporated into DNA and substitute thymidine residues.
Cells can be pulse-labeled with BrdU, which will be incorporated into DNA during the cell cycle's synthesis phase.
- The antibody against BrdU can be used to identify cells undergoing DNA replication during the BrdU incorporation period.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Barker JM, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8:e63692.
2. Duque A and Rakic P. 2011. J. Neurosci. 31:15205.
3. Robbins S, et al. 2011. J. Vis. Exp. 55:2855.
4. Broekhuizen CA, et al. 2010. Infect Immun. 78:954.
5. van der Wath RC, et al. 2009. PLoS One 4:e6972.
6. Dolbeare F, et al. 1985. Cytometry 6:521.
7. Gratzner HG. 1982. Science 218:474.
- Gene ID
- View information about BrdU on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
|Purified anti-BrdU||3D4||ICFC, IHC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-BrdU||3D4||ICFC, IHC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-BrdU||3D4||ICFC, IHC|
|Phase-Flow™ FITC BrdU Kit||3D4||ICFC|
|Phase-Flow™ Alexa Fluor® 647 BrdU Kit||3D4||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-BrdU||3D4||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.