- A17025A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- PLC1, NCKAP3, PLC-II, PLC148
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Phospholipase C (PLC) enzymes cleave the phospholipid phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) into second messenger molecules inositol 1,4,5-triposphate (IP3) and diacylglycerol (DAG) in response to extracellular stimuli. IP3 causes the release of calcium from the endoplasmic reticulum to begin an intracellular signaling cascade, while DAG activates Protein Kinase C.
There are four families of PLCs. PLC gamma (PLCγ) uniquely contains SRC domains SH2 and SH3. Receptor tyrosine kinases interact with these SRC domains to enzymatically activate PLCγ1 via phosphorylation at Tyr 783. PLCγ1 is essential for cell proliferation, differentiation, and motility. Overexpression or activation of PLCγ1 has been implicated in breast and prostate cancers, as well as cancer cell invasion.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide from human plcy1 phosphorylated at Try783 emulsified in CFA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- 1290 and 1291 amino acid isoform with predicted molecular weights of 148.5 and 148.7 kD, respectively
- T cell receptor signaling
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Proliferation and Viability, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Brady-Kalnay, et al. 2011. J Cell Biochem. 112:39.
- Schlessinger, et al. 2009. Cell. 138:514.
- Harden, et al. 2012. Subcell Biochem. 58:61.
- Wang Z, et al. 1998. Mol Cell Biol. 18:590.
- Rhee, et al. 1991. Cell. 65:435.
- Gene ID
- 5335 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PLCγ1 Phospho on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.