- MP2-8F8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-3, Burst promoting activity, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Hematopoietic cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast (MGF/MCGF), Multi-colony stimulating (Multi-CSF), P cell stimulating activity (PCSA), Thy1 inducing factor
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-3 is a highly species-specific pleiotropic factor produced primarily by activated T cells though also by mast cells keratinocytes, and astrocytes, which stimulates colony formation of megakaryocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages from bone marrow cultures. The MP2-8F8 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-3 (IL-3). The MP2-8F8 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-3.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-3
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1-5,8: The purified MP2-8F8 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MP2-43D11 antibody (Cat. No. 504002) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:131.
- Cockayne, D., et al. 1991. Growth Factors 5:171.
- Sander, B., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Finkelman, F., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:1235.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Karulin, A., et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1862.
- Product Citations
AB_315309 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503903)
AB_315310 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503904)
- Cytokine; 28 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation/differentiation of almost all types of hematopoietic progenitors into granulocytes, macrophages, erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, mast cell colonies; induces expression of 20-α-steroid dehydrogenase, histidine, ornithine decarboxylase
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, eosinophils, keratinocytes, NK cells, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- Erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, monocytic lineages
- Heterodimer IL-3Rα (CD123) and two alternate β-subunits, AIC2A binds IL-3 and is specific to IL-3Rα, AIC2B (CDw131) shared in common with IL-5R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Frendl, G., 1992. Int. J. Immunopharmacol. 14:421.
3. Ihle, J., 1992. Chem. Immunology 51:65.
4. Valen T, P., et al. 1990. Blut 61:338.
- Upregulated by T cell stimulation; downregulated by glucocorticoids
- Gene ID
- 16187 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-3 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
|PE anti-mouse IL-3||MP2-8F8||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-3||MP2-8F8||ELISA Capture, IHC, IP|
|APC anti-mouse IL-3||MP2-8F8||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-3||MP2-8F8||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, Neut|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.