- 3D6C02 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Nuclear factor of kappa light chain enhancer in B cells-inhibitor alpha, IKBA
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IκB-α is an inhibitory protein that binds to the NF-κB complex and retains this complex in the cytoplasm where it cannot activate transcription. Upon cellular stimulation, the IκB proteins are phosphorylated and degraded via the ubiquitin pathway allowing for nuclear translocation of NF-κB. The NF-κB complex can then bind DNA to activate gene expression of multiple proteins involved in inflammation, cellular proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis.Product Details
- Human, Hamster
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human IκB-α recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PerCP/Cyanine5.5 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.0075 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
This antibody weakly reacts with mouse and rat. Based on in-house testing, clone 3D6C02 does not block clone 25/IkBa/MAD-3, and only partially blocks L35A5 also raised against IκB-α.
AB_2783365 (BioLegend Cat. No. 662411)
AB_2783366 (BioLegend Cat. No. 662412)
- Inhibitory protein of the NF-κB complex that contains multiple ankyrin repeats.
- Regulates transcriptional activity of NF-κB by binding the complex and trapping it in the cytoplasm. Serine phosphorylation of IκB targets it for destruction via the ubiquitination pathway, which allows the NF-κB complex to translocate to the nucleus.
- NFkB1, SUMO4, p53, ribosomal S6 kinase 1
- Antigen References
1. Baeuerle PA. 1998. Cell 95:729.
2. Hoffmann A, et al. 2002. Science 298:1241.
3. Ito CY, et al. 1995. Genomics 29:490.
- Gene ID
- 4792 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IkappaB-alpha on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.