- HM47 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V cB017
- Other Names
- Mb-1, Iga, CD79
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD79a is a 47 kD type I integral membrane protein, also known as mb-1 or Iga. It is a member of the Ig superfamily and disulphide-associated with CD79b (B29). The interaction of CD79a/CD79b heterodimer with B cell suface Ig forms B cell antigen complex. CD79a is expressed in B cells from early pre-B to plasma cell stage. It has been shown that CD79a is also weakly expressed in some precursors of T- and myeloid cells. CD79 mediates the transport of IgM to B cell surface and transduces signals initiated by BCR aggregation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Product Citations
AB_1089076 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333503)
AB_1089073 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333504)
- 47 kD, type I integral protein, Ig superfamily, CD79a/CD79b heterodimer interacts with B cell membrane Ig.
B cells (from early pre-B to plasma cell stage), some T and myeloid cell precursors
- In association with CD79b and B cell membrane Ig to form B cell antigen receptor complex
- Cell Type
- B cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zola Heddy, et al. Eds. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD markers. WILEY-LISS
2. Astsaturov IA, et al. 1996. Leukemia 10:769
3. Mson DY, et al. 1995 Blood 86:1453
4. Hashimoto M, et al. 2002. J. Pathol. 197:341
- Gene ID
- 973 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD79a on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.