- 2-69 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- 2B4, NAIL, SLAMF4
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD244, known as 2B4, is a 38 kD type I transmembrane protein. It is a member of the CD2 subset of the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF) molecules. CD244 is expressed on NK cells, a subset of T cells (including most CD8+ T cells and γ/δ T cells), monocytes, basophils, and eosinophils. CD48 is the ligand of CD244. It has been reported that ligation of human CD244 results in enhanced NK cell cytotoxicity and cytokine production. Recent studies have shown that human CD244, like murine CD244, has both activating and inhibitory functions, which are dependent on the density of surface 2B4 expression, degree of ligation, and the level of the adaptor molecule SAP expression.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human NK cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: redirected killing assays (rADCC) in NK cells1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nakajima H, et al. 2000. Eur J Immunol. 30:3309. (Cytotoxicity, IP)
- Tassi I, Colonna M. 2005. J. Immunol. 7996-8002. (IP)
AB_2734465 (BioLegend Cat. No. 393507)
AB_2734466 (BioLegend Cat. No. 393508)
- 38 kD type I transmembrane protein, CD2 family member, Ig superfamily
NK, T subset, monocytes, basophils, and eosinophils
- Activation and inhibition of NK cell function
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Eosinophils, Monocytes, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Lee KM, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:4881.
- Chlewicki LK, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:8159.
- Messmer B, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:4646.
- Boles KS, et al. 2001. Immunol. Rev. 181:234.
- Gene ID
- 51744 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD244 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
|Purified anti-human CD244 (2B4)||2-69||FC, Cyt, IP|
|PE anti-human CD244 (2B4)||2-69||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD244 (2B4)||2-69||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD244 (2B4)||2-69||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD244 (2B4)||2-69||FC|
|APC anti-human CD244 (2B4)||2-69||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.