- MP1-22E9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor, CSF-α, Pluripoietin-α, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Burst promoting activity (BPA)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
GM-CSF is a hematopoietic factor that is produced by T cells, macrophages, fibroblasts and endothelial cells. This multifunctional cytokine stimulates progenitor cells of neutrophils, eosinophils, and macrophages. GM-CSF is also a differentiation and activating factor for granulocytic and monocytic cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Yeast-expressed, recombinant mouse GM-CSF
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1,3-5: The purified MP1-22E9 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MP1-31G6 antibody (Cat. No. 505502) as the detecting antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry8: The fluorochrome-labeled MP1-22E9 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify GM-CSF -producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization2-4: The MP1-22E9 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant GM-CSF. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for in vivo and in vitro neutralization (Cat. No. 505408).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections1,6,7, and immunocytochemistry8.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Methods 166:201.
- Suda T, et al. 1990. Cell. Immunol. 129:228.
- Nozaki S, et al. 1991. J. Invest. Dermatol. 97:10.
- Abrams JS, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams JS. 2001. Curr. Protoc. Immunol. Unit 6.20.
- Sander B, et al. 1991. Immunol. Rev. 119:65.
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Larkin J, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:268.
AB_2814429 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505425)
AB_2814430 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505426)
- Cytokine; 22 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/development granulocyte/macrophage progenitors; differentiates myeloblasts/monoblasts; synergizes with Epo proliferation of erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors
- Cell Sources
- T cells, monocytes/macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mast cells
- Cell Targets
- Granulocyte/macrophage/erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors, myeloblasts, monoblasts
- Heterodimer GM-CSFR α subunit (CDw116); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, IL-5R
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Demetri, G., et al. 1991. Blood 78:2791.
3. Fan, D., et al. 1991. In vivo 5:571.
4. Negrin, R., et al. 1992. Adv. Pharmacol. 23:263.
- Synergistic with IL-1, IL-3, G-CSF; E21R competitive antagonist for receptor binding; stored in ECM with heparan sulfate proteoglycans
- Gene ID
- 12981 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GM-CSF on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.