- K253 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Antigen-presenting glycoprotein CD1d1, CD1.1, Ly-38
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD1d is a type I transmembrane protein and member of the MHC family, with a molecular weight ranging from 43-49 kD, depending on the glycosylation degree. CD1d is expressed by antigen presenting cells such as dendritic cells, monocytes, macrophages and B cells; also expressed by thymocytes and intestinal epithelial cells. CD1d present glycolipids to iNKT cells that recognize them by their Vα14i TCR.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- α-GalCer:mCD1d complexes coupled to Mycobacterium tuberculosis PPD
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA1, immunofluorescence2 to detect CD1d in the lipid rafts on the cell membrane, and block1 CD1d recognition of an iNKT cell hybridoma.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yu KO, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. Methods 323:11. (ELISA, Block)
- Im JS, et al. 2009. Immunity 30:888. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_10639732 (BioLegend Cat. No. 140804)
- Member of the MHC family. Type I transmembrane protein. Associates with β2-microglobulin. Molecular weight ranges from 43 - 49 kD, depending on glycosylation.
Dendritic cells, monocytes, macrophages, B cells, thymocytes, intestinal epithelial cells
- Glycolipid presentation to iNKT cells
- Vα14i TCR
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Arrenberg P, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:10984.
2. Mattarollo SR, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:5663.
3. Wang J, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:1535.
4. Nieuwenhuis EE, et al. 2009. J. Clin. Invest. 119:1241.
- Gene ID
- 12479 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD1d on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.