- A17123A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mitochondrial import receptor subunit TOM40 homolog
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Mitochondria fulfill central functions in cellular energetics, metabolism, and signaling. The outer membrane translocator complex (the TOM complex) imports most mitochondrial proteins, and TOMM40 is the key subunit of the complex, the pore through which the vast majority of imported proteins must pass. TOMM40 possesses chaperone-like properties, which helps expedite movement of the pre-proteins through the channel. TOM cooperates with the TIM23 (Translocase of the Inner Membrane 23) complexes to import matrix-targeted proteins. TOMM40 is implicated in many neurodegenerative diseases; reduced TOMM40 mRNA expression in Alzheimer’s disease patients was shown to correlate with cognitive decline.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to TOMM40 protein.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody shows negligible cross-reactivity with human TOMM40.
AB_2783433 (BioLegend Cat. No. 853603)
AB_2783434 (BioLegend Cat. No. 853604)
- TOMM40 is a 361 amino acid protein with a molecular weight mass of ~40 kD.
Tissue distribution: TOMM40 is expressed in numerous tissues including the central nervous system (CNS), muscle, and the immune systems.
Cellular distribution: Cytosolic, mitochondria, and nucleus.
- TOMM40 is the key subunit of the TOM complex, which imports proteins into the mitochondria.
- TOMM40 Interacts with mitochondrial targeting sequences and the TIM complex.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
- Gottschalk WK, et al. 2014. J. Parkinsons Dis. Alzheimers Dis. 12.
- Shiota T, et al. 2015. Science 349:1544-8.
- Mise A, et al. 2017. J. Alzheimers Dis. 60:1107-1117.
- Ahting U, et al. 2001. J. Cell. Biol. 153:1151-60.
- Gene ID
- 10452 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TOMM40 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.