- N382/14 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mitochondrial Fission Factor, C2orf33, Chromosome 2 Open Reading Frame 33, EMPF2, GL004
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Mitochondrial fission factor (MFF) is a mitochondrion outer membrane protein that is part of the mitochondrial fission complex where it acts a receptor for the dynamin-related protein 1 (Drp1). The MFF-Drp1 complex is responsible for the promotion of mitochondrial fission. MFF has also been shown to regulate peroxisome morphology.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein including amino acids 1-173 and 272-322 of human MFF
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 0.1 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814578 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857503)
AB_2814579 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857504)
- MFF is a 342 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~38 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Highly expressed in heart, kidney, liver, brain, muscle, and stomach.
Cellular Distribution: Mitochondria, peroxisome, nucleus, and cytosol.
- MFF plays a role in mitochondrial and peroxisomal fission by facilitating the recruitment and association of the fission mediator dynamin-related protein 1 (DNM1L) to the mitochondrial surface.
- MFF interacts with the dynamin-related protein 1 (Drp1). MFF has also been shown to interact with DDX28 and ILF3.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Organelle Markers
- Antigen References
- Moon Yong Cha, et al. 2018. PLoS Curr. 26;10.
- Kornfeld OS, et al. 2018. Sci Rep. 19;8(1):14034.
- Otera H, et al. 2010. J Cell Biol. 13;191(6):1141-58.
- Liu R, et al. 2015. Mol Biol Cell. 1;26(24):4466-77.
- Gene ID
- 56947 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MMF on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.