- 2M2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- β2M, β2-M, beta2-microglobulin b2-M, b2M
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
β2-microglobulin (β2M) is a 12 kD nonpolymorphic Ig like protein. It is a non-membrane-anchored glycoprotein and is noncovalently associated with 39-44 kD polymorphic heavy chains of MHC class I molecules to form HLA class I antigen complex. In association with HLA class I, β2M is expressed on all leukocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, and epithelial cells. β2M plays an essential role both in governing MHC class I molecules stability and in promoting antigen binding and presenting the antigen to CD3/TCR complex of CD8+ T cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Swine (Pig, Porcine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified human β2-microglobulin
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
FC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Dilute 18 µl of HRP anti-human β2-microglobulin antibody in 12 ml of assay dilution buffer. This is sufficient for one 96 well plate.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, and ELISA.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
AB_2617014 (BioLegend Cat. No. 280303)
- Nonpolymorphic Ig like structure, noncovalently associated with heavy chain of MHC class I molecules, 12 kD
- Leukocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, epithelial cells
- Govern MHC class I molecule stability, promote MHC class I molecules binding and presenting peptide antigens to CD8+ T cells
- CD3/TCR complex, CD8
- Cell Type
- Leukocytes, Platelets, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Engelhard VH. 1994. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 6:13.
2. Williams DB, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:2796.
3. Danliczyk UG and TL. Delovitch. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3533.
4. Williams A, et al. 2002. Tissue Antigens 59:3.
- Gene ID
- 567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta2-microglobulin on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.