- 4B10/HNRNPA1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1, hnRNP A1, Helix-destabilizing protein, Single-strand RNA-binding protein, hnRNP core protein A1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 (hnRNP A1) is a multi-purpose RNA binding protein involved in RNA metabolism and DNA genomic stability in normal and pathological conditions. hnRNP A1 is ubiquitously expressed and usually associates with nascent RNA polymerase II transcripts. hnRNP A1 is abundantly expressed in neuronal cells and reproductive tissue. Loss of hnRNP A1 has been observed in several neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, amytrophic lateral sclerosis. Structurally, hnRNPA1 has two RNA recognition motifs, which are post-translationally modified to alter its nuclear pore shuttling properties and RNA interaction.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially purified HeLa HNRNPA1 protein
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. For formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining, a concentration range of 2 - 5 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- hnRNPA1 has two isoforms. Human HNRPNA1 isoform A1-A is a 320 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 34 kD, and isoform A1-B is a 372 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 38 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitous expression
Cellular Source: Nucleus and cytoplasm
- RNA metabolism, genomic stability
- Nascent RNA polymerase II transcripts
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Synthesis
- Antigen References
- Bekenstein U, et al. 2013. Mol Cell Neurosci. 56:436-46.
- Jean-Philippe J, et al. 2014. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1839(4): 251–258.
- Gene ID
- 3178 View all products for this Gene ID 15382 View all products for this Gene ID 29578 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HNRNPA1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.