- 6BG10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- FMR1 Autosomal Homolog 1, Fragile X Mental Retardation Syndrome-Related Protein 1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
FXR1 is an RNA binding protein that interacts with polyribosomes, specifically with the 60S ribosome subunit. In the adult brain, FXR1 is mainly localized to the cytoplasm and the proximal dendrites of neurons. In the fetal brain, FXR1 is expressed in the nucleus of neurons. Clinically, FXR1 mutations have been identified as a major genetic contributing factor to fragile X mental retardation syndrome. Recent studies also suggest that FXR family of proteins integrate dopamine signaling and glutamatergic neurotransmission.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human FXR1
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 10 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Xu XL, et al. 2011. J. Neurosci. 31(39):13705-9. (WB)
- Battle DJ, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282(38):27953-9. (ICC)
- FXR1 is a 621 amino acid protein with predicted molecular mass of ~ 70 kD and observed molecular mass of ~ 75kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol and nucleus
- FXR1 is an RNA binding protein involved in neurodevelopmental diseases such as autism, schizophrenia, and fragile X mental retardation.
- Polyribosome, FXR2, FMR1, CYFIP2
- Cell Type
- Dopaminergic Neurons, GABAergic Neurons, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins, Presynaptic proteins
- Antigen References
- Khlghatyan J, Beaulieu JM. 2018. Front Synaptic. Neurosci. 10:22.
- Bardoni B, et al. 2001. Brain Res. Bull. 56:375-82.
- Inoue SB, et al. 2000. J. Med. Invest. 47(3-4):101.
- Gene ID
- 8087 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FXR1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.