- A15137A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6, IL-4 Stat
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
STAT6 is a member of the signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) family, activating gene expression in response to IL-4 and IL-13 stimulation. Upon cytokine stimulation, the receptor is phosphorylated by the associated Janus Kinases (Jak), followed by recruiting cytoplasmic STAT6. The Tyr641 residue of STAT6 is, in turn, phosphorylated by Jak. Phosphorylated STAT6 forms homodimers, translocates to the nucleus, and regulates transcription of target genes. STAT6 plays crucial roles in differentiation of T helper 2 (Th2) cells, class switch of immunoglobulins in B cells, expression of cell surface markers such as MHC class II, and the development of allergic inflammation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human STAT6 peptide phosphorylated at Tyr641.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
WB, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:50-1:100 by volume. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.01 - 0.05 µg per ml. For immunofluorescent staining protocol, the recommended usage is 0.2 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody recognizes STAT6 Phospho (Tyr641) in all three isoforms at 74, 82, and 94 kD. The predominant band detected is at 94 kD.
AB_2728511 (BioLegend Cat. No. 690103)
AB_2728512 (BioLegend Cat. No. 690104)
- 847 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 94 kD. Contains a SH2 domain responsible for phosphor-Tyrosine binding and dimerization.
Translocates to the nucleus when phosphorylated.
- STAT6 is a transcription factor, mediating IL-4 and IL-13 signaling.
- STAT6 interacts with CBP/p300 and NCOA1. Forms a homodimer or a heterodimer with other STAT family members.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Goenka S, et al. 2011. Immunol. Res. 50:87
- Wurster AL, et al. 2000. Oncogene. 19:2577
- Akira S, 1999. Stem Cells. 17:138
- Zamorano J, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2843
- David M, et al. 2001. Oncogene. 20:6660
- Takeda K, et al. 1996. Nature. 380:627
- Gene ID
- 6778 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT6 Phospho Tyr641 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.