- Other Names
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Assay, ChIP assay
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Go-ChIP-Grade™ Protein G Enzymatic Kit provides a sensitive, reliable, and efficient method for enzymatic Chromatin IP. The kit is complete with all reagents and buffers necessary for ChIP assay and it revolutionizes the use of spin columns for ChIP assay. Each column contains a disc of an inert, porous polymer to which protein G has been covalently attached. During the assay, the target chromatin/antibody complex is retained by the disc. Flushing with three wash buffers and an elution step are all that is required to obtain the DNA fragments of interest.
Go-ChIP-Grade™ Protein G Enzymatic Kit is preferable to other methods because:
- Go-ChIP-Grade™ Protein G Enzymatic Kit columns eliminate the needs for beads.
- Go-ChIP-Grade™ Protein G Enzymatic Kit columns contain a proprietary porous polymer disc to which protein G has been covalently anchored. Its pores have inner surfaces specifically designed to maximize chromatin capture efficiency.
- The disc base material is chemically inert, reducing incidences of non-specific binding.
- All chromatin capture takes place inside the disc, therefore there is no dependence on risky pipette separation procedures.
- The standard protocol does not require pre-blocking and pre-wash steps.
- Flushing away unbound chromatin and other unwanted material is easily achieved by using washing steps that are fast and less prone to error.
- Kit Contents
Component Size/Volume Storage Temperature (°C) Chromatrap® Protein G Spin Columns 6 columns 4 Column Conditioning Buffer 15mL 4 Wash Buffer 1 12mL 4 Wash Buffer 2 12mL 4 Wash Buffer 3 12mL 4 1.3M Glycine 5mL 4 Enzymatic Lysis Buffer 2.5mL 4 Digestion Buffer 2.5mL 4 ChIP-Seq Enzymatic Stop Solution 50uL 4 ChIP-Seq Elution Buffer 1mL 4 Hypotonic Buffer 2.5mL 4 5M NaCl 125uL 4 1M NaHCO3 125uL 4 Shearing Cocktail 25uL -20 Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (PIC) 25uL -20 Proteinase K Stop Solution 25uL -20 Proteinase K 25uL -20
Go-ChIP-Grade™ anti-RNA Polymerase II Antibody; clone 8WG16 (Positive control antibody)
Mouse IgG2a, k Isotype Control Antibody
50uL 4 Forward primer for GAPDH (human promoter region) 25uL -20 Reverse primer for GAPDH (human promoter region) 25uL -20 1.5 ml Collection Tubes 12 RT DNA Purification Columns 6 RT DNA Binding Buffer 3.75mL RT DNA Wash Buffer 3.75mL RT DNA Elution Buffer 500uL RT
For more information on individual components, please refer to the product manual.
Chromatrap® Technology: This patented format is unique and has been granted in the UK (Patent No. GB2482209), the US (Patent No. 9523681), China (Patent No. ZL 2011 8 0067254.X) Japan (Patent No. JP 6088434) and Australia (Patent No. AU 2011340263).
- Storage & Handling
- Please refer to the product manual for component storage temperatures.
ChIP - Quality tested
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ohtsuka H, et al. 2017. Mol. Microbiol. 105:84. (ChIP)
- Muralidharan S, et al. 2014. J. Immunol. 193:1975. (ChIP)
- Giebel NL, et al. 2016. Drug Metab. Dispos. 44:1027. (ChIP)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience, Transcription Factors
- Gene ID
- View information about Protein G on UniProt.org