- 14-4-4S (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- I-Ek, MHC class II
- Mouse (C3H.SW) IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 14-4-4S antibody reacts with the I-Ek MHC class II alloantigen. These class II molecules are expressed on antigen presenting cells (including B cells) and a subset of T cells from H-2k bearing mice and are involved in antigen presentation to T cells expressing CD3/TCR and CD4 proteins. The 14-4-4S antibody cross-reacts with cells from mice of the H-2d, H-2p, and H-2r haplotypes and the rat MHC class II antigen RT1D. Cells from mice of the H-2b, H-2f, H-2q, and H-2s haplotypes do not express I-E antigen. The 14-4-4S antibody has been reported to block antigen presentation and induce differentiation of mouse cells bearing I-Ek.Product Details
- Mouse, Cross-reacts with H-2d,p,r haplotypes. Mice of the H-2b,f,q,s haplotypes do not express I-E antigens. Cross-reacts with rat MHC class II antigen RT1D
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C3H mouse skin graft and splenocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: complement-dependent cytotoxicity1, immunoprecipitation2, in vitro induction of B-cell differentiation3, in vitro blocking of antigen presentation4, and immunohistochemical staining5,6 of acetone-fixed frozen sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ozato K, et al. 1980. J. Immunol. 124:533.
- Nei U, et al. 1994. Int. Immunol. 6:61. (IP)
- Harton JA, et al. 1991. Immunogenetics 34:358.
- Roy M, et al. 1995. Eur. J. Immunol. 25:596.
- Farr A, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:3185. (IHC)
- Desmet C, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:5766. (IHC)
- Shih FF, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:3438. (FC)
AB_313470 (BioLegend Cat. No. 110205)
- MHC class II
B cell and activated T cells, APCs of H-2b mice
- Antigen presentation
- CD3/TCR, CD4
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Antigen-presenting cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Watts C. 1997. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 15:821.
2. Pamer E, et al. 1998. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 16:323.
- Gene ID
- 14969 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about I-Ek on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.