- M3/84 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD107b, LAMP-2
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Mac-3 is a 110 kD type I membrane glycoprotein, also known as CD107b and LAMP-2. It is expressed on lysosomal membranes and the plasma membrane of macrophages and some myeloid cell lines. In the bone marrow, few cells display Mac-3 antigen on the surface, but a large proportion express Mac-3 in the cytoplasm. CD107b has been identified as a ligand for galaptin, an S-type lectin present in the extracellular matrix. Mac-3/CD107b is upregulated in some tumors and increased expression has been correlated with enhanced metastatic potential.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Membrane glycoproteins from C57BL/6 mouse peritoneal exudate cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1-4 and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections5,6 and paraformaldehyde-fixed paraffin-embedded sections9-11.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Springer TA. 1981. J. Biol. Chem. 256:3833. (IP)
- Ho MK, et al. 1983. J. Biol. Chem. 258:636. (IP)
- Chen JW, et al. 1985. J. Cell Biol. 101:85. (IP)
- Ralph P, et al. 1983. J. Immunol. 130:108. (IP)
- Flotte TJ, et al. 1983. Am. J. Pathol. 111:112. (IHC)
- Kano M, et al. 1998. Transplantation 65:837. (IHC)
- Terrazas LI,et al.2005. Int J Parasitol. 35:1349. PubMed
- Hayashida A, et al. 2011. J. Biol Chem. 286:3288. PubMed
- Vollmar P, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:6338. (IHC)
- Odorisio T, et al. 2002. J. Cell Sci. 115:2559. (IHC)
- Nessler S, et al. 2007. Brain 130:2186. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_313385 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108504)
- 110 kD
Macrophages, some myeloid cell lines
- Differentiation and activation
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Springer TA. 1981. J. Biol. Chem. 256:3833.
2. Ho MK, et al. 1983. J. Biol. Chem. 258:636.
3. Ralph P, et al. 1983. J. Immunol. 130:108.
- Gene ID
- 16784 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD107b on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.