Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
- EBVCS-5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Leu-20, FcεRII, IgE Fc Receptor, BLAST-2, B6, Low affinity IgE receptor
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD23 is a 45 kD protein, also known as Leu-20, FcεRII, IgE Fc receptor, BLAST-2, B6, and low affinity IgE receptor. It is a member of the Ig family, expressed on most mature B cells, B cells in follicular mantle (but not in proliferating germinal center cells, follicular dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, Langerhans cells, and a subset of T cells (10-15% of tonsillar T cells). CD23 responds to high levels of IgE by downregulating IgE secretion. In human monocytes, CD23 triggering results in release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including TNF-α, IL-1, IL-6, and GM-CSF. CD23 can be proteolytically cleaved to generate soluble CD23 fragments of various molecular weights. In chronic lymphocytic leukemia, levels of soluble CD23 in the serum can be used as a prognostic marker to identify patients at high risk for disease progression. Alternate splicing of exon 2 can also generate two cell-surface isoforms of CD23 differing by 6 amino acids in their cytoplasmic region.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 200 µg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
Suggested for Flow Cytometry
- Recommended Usage
Precautions for Use: Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
AB_2650646 (BioLegend Cat. No. 982902)
- Ig family member, type II transmembrane glycoprotein, 45 kD
B cells, follicular dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, a subset of T cells, Langerhans cells
- Regulation of IgE synthesis; in human monocytes, CD23 triggering results in release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including TNF-a, IL-1, IL-6, and GM-CSF
- IgE, CD19/CD21/CD81
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Langerhans cells, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Ludin C, et al. 1987. EMBO J. 6:109.
2. Delespesse G, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 125:77.
3. Flores-Romo L, et al. 1993. Science 261:1038.
4. Armant M, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:1005.
- Gene ID
- 2208 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD23 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend manufacture antibodies at GMP grade?
BioLegend antibodies and reagents that carry the IVD or ASR designation are manufactured in a registered GMP facility, while our other products are manufactured under ISO 13485 certification. Both environments provide high quality products. To learn more about our quality standards visit our Quality Control page at: https://www.biolegend.com/QC.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.