- M3304B06 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granzyme 2, cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 1, GZMB, CCP1, Asp-ase, CSPB, CTLA-1, CGL-1, CGL1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Granzyme B is a serine protease that is mainly produced by cytotoxic T cells (CTL) and NK cells. It plays important roles in cytotoxic lymphocyte-mediated apoptosis, chronic inflammation, and impaired wound healing. Granzyme B is packaged in cytoplasmic granules that are exocytosed towards a bound target cell, and subsequently activates multiple protein substrates to induce apoptosis. Perforin facilitates the transfer of Granzyme B into the target cell. Most circulating CD56+ CD8- NK cells and approximately half of circulating CD8+ T cells coexpress both Granzyme A and B. The activation of CD8+ and CD4+ T lymphocytes induces substantial expression of Granzyme B, but not Granzyme A. Recently, Granzyme B has been found to be produced by other cell types such as CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells, keratinocytes, basophils, mast cells, plasmacytoid dendritic cells, B cells, and smooth muscle cells. Elevated levels of Granzyme B are also found in some kinds of autoimmune diseases, type 1 diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human Granzyme B produced in the 293E cell line.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1,000-1:10.000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
This antibody can be used for at least 20 western blots.
AB_2687057 (BioLegend Cat. No. 674603)
- 247 amino acids with a molecular weight of approximately 28 kD
Cytotoxic T cells, NK cells, and neutrophils.
- Granzyme B is able to induce target cell apoptosis by activating caspase independent pathways. Granzyme B is induced in CD8+ T lymphocytes with ConA / IL-2 and CD4+ T lymphocytes with anti-CD3/CD28 or anti-CD3/CD46.
- Targets of CTL and NK cells.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Proteases
- Antigen References
1. Edwards KM, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:30468.
2. Grossman WJ, et al. 2004. Blood 104:2840.
3. Heusel JW, et al. 1994. Cell 76:977.
4. Schmid J and Weissmann C. 1987. J. Immunol. 139:250.
5. Trapani JA, et al. 1988. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 85:6924.
6. Hiebert PR and Granville DJ. 2012. Trends Mol. Med. 18:732.
7. Saito Y, et al. 2011. J. Cardiol. 57:141.
8. Ewen CL, et al. 2012. Cell Death Differ. 1:28.
- Gene ID
- 3002 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Granzyme B on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Granzyme B||M3304B06||WB,IHC-P,SB|
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-Granzyme B||M3304B06||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.