- RPA-T8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV T171
- Other Names
- T8, Leu2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8a is a 32-34 kD type I glycoprotein. It forms a homodimer (CD8a/a) or heterodimer (CD8a/b) with CD8b. CD8, also known as T8 and Leu2, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily found on the majority of thymocytes, a subset of peripheral blood T cells, and NK cells (which express almost exclusively CD8a homodimers). CD8 acts as a co-receptor with MHC class I-restricted T cell receptors in antigen recognition and T cell activation, and has been shown to play a role in thymic differentiation. Two domains in CD8a are important for function: the extracellular IgSF domain binds the α3 domain of MHC class I and the cytoplasmic CXCP motif binds the tyrosine kinase p56 Lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- Chimpanzee, Baboon, Pigtailed Macaque, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 711™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 711™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 711 nm. The bandpass filter 710/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 711™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The RPA-T8 antibody does not block the binding of HIT8a antibody to CD8a. Additional reported applications of this antibody (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed frozen sections3 and costimulation of T cell responses4. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 301073 & 301074).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Magidovich E, et al. 2007. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:13022.
- Thakarl D, et al. 2008.J. immunol. 180:7431. PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_11218793 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301043)
AB_2562906 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301044)
- Ig superfamily, homodimer or heterodimer with CD8β, 32-34 kD
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset, NK cells
- MHC class I co-receptor, thymic differentiation, T cell activation
- MHC Class I molecules
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Gene ID
- 925 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD8a
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD8a
Biotin anti-human CD8a
FITC anti-human CD8a
PE anti-human CD8a
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD8a
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD8a
Purified anti-human CD8a
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD8a
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD8a
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD8a
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD8a
PerCP anti-human CD8a
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD8a
Purified anti-human CD8a (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD8a
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD8a
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD8a
TotalSeq™-A0080 anti-human CD8a
TotalSeq™-B0080 anti-human CD8a
TotalSeq™-C0080 anti-human CD8a
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD8a
Spark Violet™ 423 anti-human CD8a Antibody