- MAR-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- FceRIa, FceRI-α, high affinity IgE receptor
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
FcεRIα is a transmembrane protein belonging to the Ig superfamily. FcεRIα forms a tetrameric complex with one β and two γ-subunits. The FcεRI complex plays an important role in triggering IgE-mediated allergic reactions. It is abundantly expressed on mast and basophils and up-regulated by the presence of IgE. Following stimulation via FcεRIα, mast cells and basophils release bioactive chemical mediators such as histamine, resulting in the initiation of allergic reactions. Cross linking of the high-affinity receptor for IgE on tissue mast cells triggers immediate hypersensitivity with local symptoms. The MAR-1 monoclonal antibody reacts with the FcεRIα subunit.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: depletion2, immunohistochemistry of frozen sections (OCT embedded2).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Obata K, et al. 2007. Blood 110:913 (FC)
- Sokol CL, et al. 2008. Nat. Immunol. 9:310 (FC, Deplete, IHC)
- Chen J, et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem.. 284:5763 (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_2721324 (BioLegend Cat. No. 134327)
- A transmembrane protein of Ig super family member
Expressed on mast and basophils.
- Play an important role in triggering IgE-mediated allergic reactions.
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Mast cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Arinobu Y, et al. 2005. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:18105.
2. Yamaguchi M, et al. 2001. Int. Immunol. 13:843.
- Gene ID
- 2205 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Fc epsilon RI alpha on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.