- L17F12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- II T7
- Other Names
- Leu-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, Leu1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD5, also known as Leu-1, Ly-1 and T1, is a 67 kD single chain type I glycoprotein that is a member of the scavenger receptor superfamily. CD5 is expressed on T cells, thymocytes, B cell subsets, chronic B lymphocytic leukemia (B-Cells), and peripheral blood dendritic cells. CD5 modulates T and B cell receptor signaling, thymocyte maturation, and T-B cell interactions. One of its ligands is CD72.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats): immunoprecipitation1,3,4 and immmunohistochemical staining of frozen and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections2,3,5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McAlister MS, et al. 1998. Protein Eng. 11:847. (IP)
- Butmarc JR, et al. 1998. Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 109:682. (IHC)
- Engleman EG, et al. 1981. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 78:1791. (IHC, IP)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:310. (FC, IP)
- Warnke R and Levy R. 1980. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 28:771. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2565728 (BioLegend Cat. No. 364018)
- Scavenger receptor superfamily, 67 kD
Thymocytes, T cells, and subsets of B and dendritic cells.
- Modulates TCR and BCR signaling, involved in thymocyte maturation and T-B cell interaction
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kipps T. 1989. Adv. Immunol. 47:117.
2. Resnick D, et al. 1994. Trends Biochem. Sci. 1:5.
3. Wood GS and Freudenthal PS. 1992. Am. J. Pathol. 141:789.
- Gene ID
- 921 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD5 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.