- B8.2C12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein 3, hepatitis virus cellular receptor 2, CD366
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD366 (Tim-3) is a transmembrane protein also known as T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein-3. Tim-3 is expressed at high levels on Th1 lymphocytes and CD11b+ macrophages. Tim-3 has also been shown to exist as a soluble protein. Cells expressing Tim-3 are present at high levels in the CNS of animals at the onset of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), a disease mediated by lymphocytes secreting Th1-like cytokines. Tim-3 has been proposed to inhibit Th1-mediated immune responses and promote immunological tolerance.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- mTim-3 protein/Freund adjuvant
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Brilliant Violet 421™ and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone B8.2C12 only binds to the BALB/c allele of Tim-3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- del Rio ML, et al. 2011. Transpl. Int. 24:501. (FC) PubMed
- Transmembrane protein containing immunoglobulin domain and mucin-like domain. It can exist as a soluble form lacking mucin and transmembrane domains.
Expressed on activated Th1 lymphocytes, CD11b+ macrophages, and dendritic cells.
- Play a role in regulating macrophage activation, T cell apoptosis and immune tolerance.
- Galectin -9
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Th1
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Sabatos CA, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:1102
2. Kuchroo VK, et al. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:454
3. Mooney L, et al. 2002. Nature. 415:536
4. Rodriguez-Manzanet R, et al. 2009. Immunol. Rev. 229(1):259
- Gene ID
- 171285 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD366 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.